Essay/Term paper: Help remember the 1980's
Essay, term paper, research paper: Humanities
You're an '80s child if...
1) Snap bracelets were always getting you in trouble at school.
2) You played with "My Little Ponies".
3) Friendship bracelets were ties that couldn't be broken.
4) You"ve ever read Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, The Babysitters Club, or Sweet Valley High.
5) You know all the words to "Ice Ice Baby".
6) You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween.
7) You had a crush on one of the New Kids on the Block members.
8) You wanted to be on Star Search.
9) You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before he had
10) Heaven forbid you wore one of those T-shirt rings or a scrunchi on one side of
your shirt during your youth.
11) You were styling with your French rolled pants.
12) You wore multiple pairs of socks in the middle of the summer just so you could Be "hip"
13) You had puff painted your own shirt at least once.
14) You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts' signed on its butt. Cabbage Patch Kids! 15) You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout."
16) You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off"
17) You were upset when She-ra, Princess of Power, and He-Man cancelled. 18) But the commercials in between were for Barbie and the Rockers and you knew
all the words to all their songs.
19) You can remember watching Full House and Saved by the Bell for endless
hours, back when they were new episodes.
20) You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock.
21) You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future."
22) You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name." 23) You wanted to be a Goonie. ("Goonies never say die.") "Yes!"
24) You remember Madonna in her cone stage.
25) You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called "Prince."
26) You even wore fluorescent-neon clothing...
27) You could break dance, or wished you could.
28) You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system.
29) You remember M.C. Hammer.
30) You can still sing the rap to "Fresh Prince of Bel Air".
31) You own any cassettes.
32) You owned a pair of LA Gear, Keds, or Converse tennis shoes.
33) You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlin or an ET lunchbox.
34) You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female Smurf.
35) My Little Pony, Gummy Bears, Transformers, You can't do that on Television,
Nozzles, KIDS Incorporated, Captain Kangroo, Double Dare, Salute Your
Shorts, Seventeen, Rainbow Brite and Hey Dude are familiar to you.
*AND I WOULD LIKE TO ADD PUNKIE BREWSTER*
36) You ever had a Swatch Watch or a Doonie and Burke
37) You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the "Care Bear stare". 38) You had Wonder Woman or Superman underoos.
39) You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
40) You spent hours in the basement building and re-building Lego cities.
41) Do Polly Pockets or Popples ring a bell
42) Big wheels and bicycles with streamers were the way to go.
43) With your play school record player you sang back up to Debbie Gibson. 44)"Party like it's 1999" seemed SO far away!
45) You stayed up all night listening to Teddy Rupskin
46) Can we say Trapper Keeper?
47) Volition was not just a bad computer animated rip off
Other sample model essays:
The father and son relationship is one of the
most important aspects through the youth of a
young man. In Shakespeare"s play Henry IV, he
portrays the concept of having "two fath...
On June 28, 1941 Henry the VIII of England was born. This young
man will form his own church. He will succeed to the throne in 1509. He
will also marry six women! Something good w...
Hillary Rodham Clinton arrived at
the White House after serving as First Lady of Arkansas
for 12 years. During that time she had managed many roles:
wife, mother, and homemaker; full-time par...
Radical Republican-dominated Twelfth Legislature of 1870
attempted to control crime in the state. In October 1870
Davis threatened Hill County with martial law for its
tolerance of criminals....
One man"s sick
mind led to the extermination of an entire generation of
people. These ideas came at the worst possible time,
during World War II. The ideas were horrific and evil and
Through out history the world has seen some generations that have made an impact more than all of its predecessors. The decade from1960
to 1970 was definitely one of those eras. ...
Independent Study Unit
Hiroshima and Nagasaki:
The Terror that Saved Millions
The atomic bomb and it's use over the two Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki is still a source o...
"Wedding Band" by Alice Childress is a story of a love/hate interracial relationship between two lovers in the south. The play is set in South Carolina in 1918. "Wedding Band" tr...
In my paper the Democratic Candidates are Al Gore and Bill Bradley. They both have a
lot of the same views on issues that have come out in the campaigning. For the
Rebublicans it is George W. Bu...
Throughout American history there have been changes
that have shaped the way we live today. Some of them are
small things: for example the way we vote, the way
requirements for a citizenship...